Give Me a Break

So Baller ‘Bama has now distanced himself from “controversial” Reverend Jeremiah Wright … this isn’t breaking news. But, let’s be honest with ourselves. This is a knee-jerk reaction to public criticism over things Wright has said in the past. It’s no mere coincidence that Obama has taken a hard-line stance against the Reverend in just the past few days.

But I have to say … what is the fucking controversy, people? Is questioning the complicity of his country’s foreign policy really so oft-putting to “mainstream” America? Ok, I’ll grant you his conspiracy theory of HIV being created to kill black people is out there. But, take a second … is that really any crazier than fervently believing in an invisible, almighty cloud person that is super-concerned with one species of animal on a planet? In my opinion, this guy has been saying crazy shit all his life. Hell, he’s been getting paid to do it for three decades!

So, as far as all the sound bytes of Wright criss-crossing the internet superhighway in a YouTube sports car: These rants that are probably 5% of his Sunday service are pretty much at the same level of craziness as the fairy tales that take up the other 95% of his speaking time.

Controversial? All of this seems rather (insanely) consistent to me.

Comments:
  • Tuesday, May 6th, 2008 at 16:33 | #1

    Favorite Books: Anything written by Dean Koontz

  • Wednesday, May 7th, 2008 at 06:30 | #2

    lolz @ ‘almighty cloud person’! That guy sounds pretty cool!

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>